Saturday, April 23, 2011

0
Kim Kardashian serious about recognition for 1915 Armenian Genocide

kim for armenian genocide
Ninety-six years after the Ottoman Empire wiped out more than a million Armenians in what historians have credited as the first modern-day pogrom, Kim Kardashian took time from the rigors of her glamorous lifestyle to urge the Turkish government to acknowledge the Armenian Genocide.

On her Twitter page, Kardashian wrote, “Even though so many countries around the world recognize the Armenian Genocide, the government of Turkey still denies it. I just found out about it myself, and it’s horrifying.

Celebrity Kim Kardashian is not a political activist, but she is of Armenian descent. Reality star Kim Kardashian has taken on Tweeter to urge Turkey to finally recognize the Armenian Genocide.

“It’s time to recognize the Armenian Genocide,” quoted Kardashian as tweeting.

“My family and I are incredibly proud of our heritage. My dad taught me a lot about Armenian culture, and I have a strong connection with my roots.

“Even though so many countries around the world recognize the Genocide, the government of Turkey still denies it,” she wrote on her website.

The ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ star said that recognition is important to her saying, “Out of respect for all those innocent people that died, I’m putting a spotlight on it today.

“Until this crime is resolved truthfully and fairly, the Armenian people will live with the pain of what happened to their families and the fear of what might happen again to their homeland,” she added.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Actual News Discussion Topic Hot Issue Celebrity | © 2010 sitemap