Tuesday, March 22, 2011

0
Kate Walsh Feels 'Like a Loser' for Not Having Kids

kate walsh more magazine
Kate Walsh opens up in the April issue of "More" magazine about her nasty divorce, her career and getting older. Walsh 43 and her husband Alex Young in late 2008 after just over a year of marriage.

The divorce settlement included ugly provisions such as coin-flipping over disputed furniture. The couple had only dated for seven months before they married.

In reality, Kate Walsh does have a fondness for the idea of motherhood, and the 43-year-old divorced primetime star reveals that in fact she's always wanted children. She's just kind of bummed out that didn't happen for her. "I would definitely love to be a parent," she told "More" Magazine (whose latest issue Kate Walsh covers). "But I definitely don't think I want to do it on my own. Things are just going to go the way they go."

This woman definitely doesn't look like a loser, and we're just wondering when in our culture the idealized concept of family will be demystified so that women everywhere can realize that a) having a family is a choice, and not every woman does it (nor does it suit every single woman); and b) that there are other ways to be successful in life. Hi: you're an award-winning television actress with steady work, a lot of brains and a beauty brand. This does not a loser make.

But how did she think they'd go? Walsh says, "I thought I'd be married and have three or four kids. I always knew I wanted to be an actress, but I think I always wanted a quote-unquote 'normal life' because I had a very untraditional upbringing."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Actual News Discussion Topic Hot Issue Celebrity | © 2010 sitemap